What is your site capable of?
Our early involvement in the development of ideas for your site and development, can assist in realising its maximum environmental potential and economical return in the most sustainable way.
The following eight summary areas of our expert services will give you a quick insight in to how we can provide you with site-specific tailored quick wins and long-term solutions to all your landscape requirements and needs.
We can assist by advising on environmental implications, constraints and possibilities – unlocking potential through good design. As part of the Planning process we can prepare Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA) as part of wider Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA). Depending on the complexity of the project, we can do this in-house or in collaboration with a network of specialist ecologists and arboriculturalists. Utilising our 30 years experience we provide detailed grant application support.
We can produce early conceptual sketches, masterplans, phasing diagrams, 3d visualisations and illustrations to help celebrate the potential and inspirational future vision for any project.
- Site Appraisal and Assessment
- Early Risk Appraisals
- Estate Landscape Health Checks
- Public Consultation
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment
- Neighbourhood Planning
- Grant & Funding Advice
Need permission to develop and want to add value to your land?
BCA Landscape has extensive National experience of obtaining permission for new developments. We can ensure that environmental aspects of potential objections to any development are anticipated and mitigated before the proposals are in the public domain.
We work either as lead consultant and Agent, or as a specialist advisor to Architects or Planning Consultants, providing all landscape-related input to:
- Pre-application discussions and site visits
- Planning Applications (Outline and Full)
- Design and Access Statements
- Representing environmental matters at committee
- Discharge of Landscape related conditions on planning permissions
- Illustrating off-site contributions and section 106 and 278 works ‘outside the red line’
We aim to ensure that the positive contribution that exemplary landscape design can make to any development is brought to the fore in the application process to help obtain permission.
Want to develop in a sustainable way, leaving a positive legacy for future generations?
BCA Landscape can make a major contribution to the environmental credentials of any project. Our objective is always to minimise negative environmental impact and promote positive environmental change. It is always possible with appropriate and sensitive design to improve the habitat diversity of any site – especially ‘brown-field’ ones.
We have a well-developed understanding of the BREEAM and CEEQUAL systems of evaluation and can advise on how the proposals can gain the maximum benefit within specific budget constraints. We can help you with:-
- Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems [SUDS]
- Future Proofing [inc. adaptability and robust detailing]
- Responsible specification and material sourcing
- Low energy lighting consumption and light pollution control
- Minimizing Carbon footprints
- Designing sustainable native habitats
- Providing positive facilities and connections for pedestrians and cyclists
- Inputs to BREEAM Assessments
- Rainwater Recycling
- Producing LEMPs [landscape and ecological management plans]
- Calculating and illustrating Urban Greening Factors
- Demonstrating Net Biodiversity Gain
‘Tell me and I will forget, show me and I may remember; involve me and I will understand.’ Confucius- 6th Century BCE
As Landscape Architects our working lives are spent visualising a better future- we are used to thinking in 4 dimensions including how things change over time, but we are aware that many of our clients don’t have a similar design-based background. We have found the use of 3D visualisation increasingly useful in getting our ideas across to client board presentations, planning committees, public consultation and for use in marketing developments.
- Photomontages, Photography & Digital Imagery including Drone shots
- 3D Modelling & Layout Design
- CGI’s and Fly-throughs
“The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way.” William Blake
We have been instrumental in the saving of many trees and the enhancement of new developments through the retention of existing trees to provide a look and feel of instant maturity. This is a win-win situation in terms of costs and biodiversity gain and can begin the narrative of any project in a positive way from the outset if we are involved early enough in the development process. Through early dialogue with Council Tree Officers, we can establish an approach which will be supported through the planning consultation process and remove any potential objections from consultees.
- Tree Preservation Orders, Searches, Appraisals and Applications
- Tree Survey in Accordance with BS5837:2012
- Arboricultural Impact Assessment
- Arboricultural Constraints Plan
- Tree Protection Fencing Plan
- Arboricultural Method Statement
- Specialist Construction Guidance in proximity to existing trees
- Bespoke construction detailing adjacent to Root Protection Areas
- Planning Advice/Negotiation in relation to Existing Trees
- Tree Planting & Management Plans
- Early Risk Assessments
- Planting plans to BS 4428
Need to engage your community to create meaningful, cherished places with their support?
Appropriate, relevant design ideas often grow from creative, fun engagement with the local community and other key stakeholders. We can lead the process so that it is demonstrably fundamental to the design solution, rather than a box-ticking exercise – it is something we believe passionately in and have been involved with since our inception in 1984.
Need a safe and creative pair of hands to nurture your project from feasibility to handover?
BCA Landscape has successfully delivered over £100? million of external works, public realm and green infrastructure projects. We guide most of the schemes we get involved with from Planning to Practical Completion and beyond into arranging landscape maintenance and management regimes.
- RIBA stages 1-7 and corresponding Landscape Institute stages S1 to S8 A-L
- Feasibility through tender to construction and on-going management
- Value engineering
- Option appraisal
- Construction Issue including coordinated setting out and site specific risk registers
- Site Inspection
- Reports on completion
- Contribution to O & M manuals
This wealth of practical on-site experience of landscape project management informs the design process to ensure robust detailing and buildable ideas. We have a deep understanding of supply chain and cost parameters for all landscape related elements if any project.
- Landscape and Habitat Management Plans
- Landscape Management & Maintenance Plans
Did we mention that we have over 50 International, National and regional design awards for Landscape and Urban Design? We aspire to always achieve the very best outcome from each unique combination of site, client, budget, community and consultant team that we have the privilege to work with.
- Urban Design & Landscape Masterplanning
- Public Realm Design & Strategies
- Hard, Soft and Lighting Design
- Green Infrastructure & Roofs
- Sustainable Urban Drainage (SUDS)
- Play Landscapes
- Heritage Landscapes
- Collaboration with Artists and Public Art Specialists
- Bespoke Street Furniture Design
- Historical interpretation Design
Request more information
Leave your details and we will get back to you shortly.